ICSE 2012 is an excellent opportunity for students to meet and talk with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software engineering. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world and to offset some of the costs of the conference. Student volunteers are critical in ensuring that the conference runs smoothly and ICSE 2012 would not be possible without their enthusiastic contribution.
Submission Due Date: Thursday, February 23, 2012
Notification Date : Friday, March 10, 2012
• Complimentary registration to the main conference.
• Tickets to meals and receptions organized by the conference.
• Free ICSE 2012 T-shirt.
• Invitation to the volunteer thank you party.
• Approximately 20 hours of work in total during the week of the conference.
• Technical assistance to speakers and conference participants.
• Help at the registration desk and checking badges for entry to events.
• Other similar tasks.
• Availability between the 2nd and the 9th of June (inclusive). Some volunteers will also be needed the day before the conference starts to help fill registration bags.
• Enrollment as a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
• Proficiency in English.
To apply for a student volunteer position, you must submit the following by February 23, 2012:
• A completed volunteer application form with an attached Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• A letter of recommendation from your academic advisor must be sent via e-mail to the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2012. Please let either the e-mail subject or the name of the attachment begin with your (the student's) last name. The letter should cover your organizational ability, English proficiency, and willingness to help others. Please note, this letter MUST originate from the e-mail you indicated for your advisor on your application form.
We encourage all students to apply for financial assistance through the Sigsoft CAPS program.
Student Volunteers Co-Chairs
If you have further questions, please contact the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs:
Nelly Bencomo and Peter Müller.