blockchain-based IP register, IP transactions, competition in blockchain-based markets, antitrust control, data-driven business models, blockchain and corporation law.
Chairs and Positions
- chair for Commercial Law at the University of Zurich
- head of the University’s Centre for Intellectual Property and Competition Law (CIPCO)
- affiliated to the Max Planck Institute as a Research Fellow.
- intellectual property law
- competition law
- international private and procedural law, in particular corporations, trusts and estates.
In these fields, he has advised governments, companies, foundations, trusts and other legal entities, as well as private persons and families. Prof. Picht is admitted to the bar in Germany
and Switzerland (Art. 28 BGFA).
Prof. Picht is in the early phases of a project on blockchain-based IP transactions.